Day Trippers...Enjoying the adventures
Slideshow Image 1 slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 4

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Charlie's First Day of Kindergarten


Charlie had his first day of kindergarten today. He woke up early (6:10), ate breakfast, read books and was ready to go down to catch his bus that comes at 6:51! Chris said he was quiet as he got on the bus and started to go down the aisle towards the back...he was redirected to the front luckily! I went to school to meet him and he was already in his room, back pack hung and looking for his name tag. He gave me a quick smile, allowed me to give him a quick kiss, and he was off to join the group of kindergarteners surrounding his teacher.

He came off the bus with a smile and told me about snack, science class, and sitting with a friend from preschool on the bus home. He's excited to play puzzles when he gets to school tomorrow. "They have a fire truck puzzle I can play with tomorrow."

Charlie, way to go! You are such a big boy. Found your first loose tooth yesterday, off to kindergarten today. You are growing so quickly and I love the boy you are...keep your big smile and enjoy kindergarten!

4 comments:

team krasean said...

Tami, I love your slide show! It is so incredibly sweet - it makes me cry. I'm so happy that Charlie's first day went so well.

You are a great mom! Charlie is going to love this slideshow for a long, long time. Perfect song, too! It is amazing how Gus and Charlie look so little in so many pictures. I'm also amazed at how much little Ben and Charlie look alike. So cute!

Stacy said...

how sweet. amazingly beautiful boy you have (well all three are beautiful, but it is Charlie's big day)

Cara Lynn said...

Wow -- you did such a beautiful job. I'm all choked up! Charlie is going to be a wonderful kindergartener!

Love and miss you! xoxo

Mo said...

I had to shed a few tears with this one, Tami. The song and sweet pictures got me...but them the quote really hit home. Charlie is so lucky to have you as his mommy.